Unipetrol RPA is a leading Czech producer in the field of refinery, petrochemical and agrochemical raw materials, which is also reflected in the initial abbreviation "RPA": refinery, petrochemistry, agrochemistry. The company supplies the market primarily with motor fuels, fuel oils, asphalts, liquefied petroleum products, oil hydrogenates, other refinery products, olefins and aromates, agrochemicals, carbon black and sorbents, polyolefins (high-density polyethylene, polypropylene).
Unipetrol RPA is divided into one production unit and business units according to the types of products.
The production unit consists of Závod chemických výrob (Chemical production plant), Technický úsek (Technical section), Odbor údržby (Maintenance Department) and Závod Služby (Services plant).
- Chemical production plant operates the production units in accordance with the plan and with the requirements of the Business Unit Monomers and Chemicals and Business Unit Polyolefins. It comprises an ethylene unit, polypropylene and polyethylene production, hydrogen unit, ammonia and urea production, Chezacarb black production, and the production and delivery of technical gases for the entire premises.
- Services plant administers the entire premises and ensures the logistics of plastics, urea and Chezacarb.
Energy and Utilities Unit
This unit supplies the entire premises with energy and water, and ensures waste-water purification.
This unit plans and manages (in line with Unipetrol's ownership rights) the reprocessing of petroleum in ČESKÁ RAFINÉRSKÁ, particularly according to the needs of the follow-up productions in the Unipetrol Group. It ensures the purchase of petroleum for refinery productions in the Group and wholesale of motor fuels and other refinery products.
- Comprehensive procurement of raw materials for petrochemical productions in the Unipetrol Group
- Wholesale of motor fuels and other refinery products
- Purchase of petroleum for refinery productions in the Unipetrol Group
- Optimization of combined refinery and petrochemical productions with emphasis on maximum exploitation of synergies between technological units
- Optimization of refinery productions in the Unipetrol Group
Unit Monomers and Chemicals
This unit carries on business in the field of petrochemical products, ammonia and urea. It plans and manages the production which follows the processing of petroleum, and supplies semi-finished products for the follow-up polyolefin segment. The Unit Monomers and Chemicals is a key supplier of ethylene, propylene, benzene, ammonia and other chemical and petrochemical raw materials for the other chemical companies in the Czech Republic and in Central Europe.
- Procurement of raw materials for the production of polyolefins in Unipetrol
- Sale of petrochemical products, ammonia and urea
- Development and strategy of petrochemical and chemical productions
This unit carries on business in the field of plastics – polyolefins. It plans the production of polypropylene and high-density polyethylene and ensures the sale of finished products (PP, HDPE). In cooperation with its research and development base in the Polymer Institute in Brno (Polymer institut Brno), the Unit Polyolefins also ensures and participates in the modification of the existing and in the development of new polyolefin products.
The Unit Polyolefins is the most significant supplier of polyolefins in the Czech market. It also has a unique position in Europe, since its production capacities represent five percent of the overall European production of the HDPE and two percent of the European production of the PP. Owing to that, this business unit plays a significant role in the territory of Central Europe.
- Ensuring of the sale of the PP and HDPE
- Coordination of research and development in the field of polyolefins carried out by the Polymer Institute in Brno
- Provision of technical service and consultancy to the existing and potential customers